- “The ‘Work Smart Not Hard programme was a great experience and distinctly beneficial. It gave me useful action points on growing and progressing my business. We are at the start up phase and I am currently putting most of the ideas into action. The trainer – Ann- is a brilliant coach and mentor who is endowed with the essential skills and experience to nurture small businesses. The programme is highly recommended. Dominic Oyeniran, Dexcel Solutions Ltd, www.dexcelsolutions.com
Online learning delivered to your Inbox
The programme is designed so that you can use it whatever way suits you best. Watch the video on your laptop, phone or tablet, listen to the audio while you walk the dog or in the car, read the transcript in the bath – whatever fits your lifestyle. Every week you’ll get an email with a link that takes you to that week’s lesson. You can download all the material in zip file or print off the worksheets and save the resource sheets. Whichever way you use them, you’ll have all of the materials for future reference so that you can use them as many times as you like.
What makes this different?
A lot of on-line programmes give generic information that doesn’t always apply to every business. This programme is a two way process that lets you tell me about your business in a way that allows me to tailor the information and give you just what you need. It’s not just knowing WHAT to do and HOW to do it, but understanding WHY it works that makes the difference. As well as 23 Worksheets, you’ll get links to 30 Extra Resource Sheets, case studies and discussions that add depth to that week’s topic and give you lots of practical examples of the lessons in action. It won’t be long before you start to see a real difference in the way you work.
Life-long Learning delivered Week-by-Week
- Bonus: Plan to Change
The reason so many people fail to do on-line courses is because most programmes miss out this essential step. Learn how to plan to change and make time for the programme BEFORE you start it – free of charge – and you’ll get much better results from the rest of the programme!
- Week 1: Build Your Foundation
This lesson lets you decide if you have The Six Building Blocks for Success in place and what to do if any are missing. You’ll define exactly what you’re aiming for and see what changes you need to plan for to get there.
- Week 2: Sell with Integrity
Are you solving a problem or creating delight for your customers? Find out how to use the most effective techniques to identify and reach your ideal clients. Create trusted relationships and an army of delighted fans.
- Week 3: Increase Profits
The number one reason why businesses fail is running out of cash. Learn to love managing your finances with some simple but effective tools and techniques. Understand how to find and focus on the most profitable activities in your business and why your own attitude to money could be holding you back.
- Week 4: Have Time for Everything
Business owners say that what holds them back is not having enough time. By understanding your own most productive preferences you can change this and have enough time for everything you need and want to do as well as knowing the true value of “re-creation” time.
- Week 5: Use Free Technology
The availability of free and cheap technology has transformed the way we do business and there is no forgiveness for those who don’t make the effort to keep up. Learn how to choose the right approach for your business and how to stay on top of fast changing developments
- Week 6: Don’t Do It Alone
The biggest obstacle to growing and becoming more profitable is when the business owner tries to do everything themselves. Recognise when to outsource, collaborate or hire help and how to manage other people to get the results you need.
- Week 7: Plan your Profitable Future
Using my FREE workbook “How to have your best year – every year” develop an action plan and a support network that will help you to keep building on your success year after year.
• Planning your time
• You can’t change in isolation
Another day, another dollar
Change. It’s not easy
Your Business Profile Questionnaire
• The building blocks for success
• Start with the end in mind
• The transition from starting, to growing a business
• Setting and achieving goals
• Setting up your support team.
Are purpose let businesses more profitable?
Success in business is not about passion
1. Building blocks for success
2. Exit strategy and business purpose
3. Planning to manage growth
4. Goal setting
5. Building your support team.
• CRM Systems
• The sales Funnel
• How to describe what you’re selling
• Sales Conversations
• Your sales proposition
Trust is built in your behaviour, not in your message
How to describe what you’re selling
How to build an on-line audience for your product or service
Pay Per Click Advertising and Landing Pages
Social Selling and Social Listening
Hiring Sales People
The Fear of Turning Down a Sale
6. Attracting people into your sales funnel
7. How to describe what you’re selling
8. How to get more sales per customer
9. Define your sales proposition
• The easiest way to increase your profit
• How small changes can improve your profit
• The discount myth
• Why cash is all important and how to control it
• How to find the most profitable activity in your business
• How to manage regular financial activities
How to keep track of regular payments like VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax
Where to access more finance when you need it
How much is an ice cube worth?
10. How to Increase Your Profits
11. A simple Cashflow template
12. Fixed and Variable Costs
13. Focus on the most profitable activities
14. Regular Financial Tasks
• Why being early is the best time management tip
• Urgent v Important
• That overwhelmed feeling
• The myth of multi-tasking
• Analysing how you REALLY spend your time
• Making time to be happy.
How to deal with procrastination
How to make decisions
How to be Happy
15. Time Management Tool
16. Understanding your procrastination habits
17. Strategies for dealing with overwhelm and interruptions
18. How do you really spend your time
19. Using your time to be happy
• Keeping up to date
• No such thing as free
• Software as a Service
• Back office tasks
• Daily work tasks
• Marketing/ Lead Generation
Integrated communication systems
How to choose the right tech – Dan Frost
20. How to find the best free technology for your business
• Letting go
• Permanent employees v outsourcing
• Recruiting for skills and attitudes
• Trust and responsibility
• Employment and the law
Employing v Outsourcing
The recruitment process
How to outsource successfully
How to attract great people
How to recruit a managing director
How to build a perfectly formed team in a small business…..and thrive
21. How to decide what help you need in your business
• Setting your personal financial goals
• Discovering your attitude to money
• Creating a three year growth plan
Workbook – How to have your best year, every year
22. Personal Financial Goals
23. Three Year Growth Plan
Do the Bonus Lesson: Plan to Change, Lesson One: Build Your Foundation and Lesson Two: Sell With Integrity – all very powerful in their own right – and, if you don’t think you want to complete the programme after that, you can cancel before the third lesson is delivered and get a full refund – no quibbles!